Most big name, imported gins are 37% ABV (alcohol by volume). Keeps prices low due to taxes, however most craft gins are~43% ABV, which brings out the best characteristics of most gins. In this flight all the gins are above 50%. These gins carry more aromatic compounds which, when mixed, are released. Try these gins neat, maybe with a touch of ice. They also tend to be great in cocktails, especially a martini. They cost more because the Government gouges $84 per litre of alcohol, but are well worth it and remember there’s enough to sip, mix and share.
- Animus Distillery – Ambrosian Gin (50% ABV)
- Hurdle Creek Still – Powder Monkey Navy Strength Gin (58% ABV)
- The West Winds – The Broadside Navy Strength Gin (58% ABV)
- Loch Brewery & Distillery – The Weaver Australian Gin (50% ABV)
- Adams Distillery – Turbo Gin (55% ABV)
- The West Winds – The Cutlass (50% ABV)