Big name imported gins can scrape into the minimum 37% ABV (alcohol by volume) to sell at low prices, however most craft gins are~43% ABV. In this flight all the gins are above 50%.Higher ABV hold and carry more aromatic compounds which, when mixed, are released. Try these gins neat, maybe with a touch of ice. They also tend to be great in cocktails, especially a martini. They cost more because the Government gouges $50 per litre of alcohol, but are well worth it.
- Kilderkin Distillery – a Scoundrel Gin.
- Animus Distillery – Ambrosian Gin.
- The West Winds – The Broadside.
- Loch Brewery & Distillery – The Weaver Australian Gin.
- Adams Distillery – Turbo Gin.
- The West Winds – The Cutlass.